Author Posts

August 1, 2016 at 2:44 pm

I feel very angry about the way my mother died, no one told me that my mother would deteriorate in the way that she did, I found myself just accepting things was happening to mother thinking that there was nothing more that I could do, however on reflection I now realise that I could have done a lot more to make my mother more comfortable, Both myself and my brother looked after mum for the first three years after her diagnosis with Alzheimer’s, but then she got to the point where she couldn’t wash herself so we had to put here in a residential home, although the caring staff were fantastic and treated mum relatively well they really were unable to cater for her cultural needs, her hair was not properly maintained, her skin care routine was not really seen as important and the food prepared for her was not really authentic Caribbean, and when it came to entertainment i felt that they could have done things a lot more relative to her cultural background, so the long and short of it is that I am angry with myself for not being more proactive with regards to my mums care.