Pepper Pot offers a wide range of activities to help our members remain active, promote their independence and help them to enjoy their old age. The activities on offer vary from week to week, and typically include:
- Healthy lifestyle activities, such as music & movement, Eurythmy, chair aerobics, yoga and tai chi
- Emotional support, including advice and support, plus fulfilling creative activities such as arts & craft.
- Social activities, such as bingo, dominos, story-telling, sing-a-long, luncheon club, birthday parties, Christmas parties, cinema and theatre visits, day outings and overseas holidays, reminiscence and discussion groups.
- Therapies, such as aromatherapy and reflexology.
- Activities for members who cannot come to the centre, including the befriending and outreach service
- Intellectual activities, such as quizzes and basic computer classes.
- Religious activities, such as Bible Classes and Gospel singing.
- Weekly shopping trips
- Educational talks in partnership with specialist organizations about health issues and safety at home
- Other services include Meals on Wheels, laundry and transportation to and from the centre.
Pepper Pot provides a Meals On Wheels service to homebound people within the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and also in the borough of Westminster. To be able to enjoy that service, which provides daily contact and ascertains special needs, users need to be a registered member of Pepper Pot.
- The delicious, freshly cooked, hot and nutritious menu – courtesy of Marcia’s traditional Caribbean cooking skills – changes from week to week.
- For more information, contact us on 020 8968 6940.
Full Day Care
The majority of members using Pepper Pot are day care and drop-in members. Carers cater for the special needs of our members. Attendance varies from day to day, but we have an average of 15 day care members and 25 drop-in members attending daily to benefit from our warm and friendly atmosphere.
Pepper Pot provides:
- Transport service
- Health care promotion
- Recreational activities
- Individual care plan service
- Group activities
- Luncheon Club services
- Trips and Holidays
Day Care Activities:
- BE WISE THIS DIWALI
- 10 Dark Secrets From The World Of Horse Racing
- Stabilis Lucra Forex Review
- Benefits you can claim when you have care needs
- Memory Boosting Superfoods That Fight Alzheimer’s
- 101 Activities
- 10 Stimulating Activities for Alzheimer’s Patients
- Take the SAGE test to spot early signs of dementia or Alzheimer’s
- September is World Alzheimer’s Awareness Month; Alzheimer’s Action Day is September 21
- Direct payments
- Assessments and the Care Act (Carers)
- A Helpless Voice
- Things to remember when caring for someone with Alzheimer’s
- Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Increased Dementia Risk
- Types of Dementia you should be aware of
- New study finds dementia more common in African-Caribbean people
- Alzheimer’s Caregivers Face Unanswered Questions
- Standing Tall Against the Stigma of Dementia
- What to Expect as Alzheimer’s Progresses
- Number of people with dementia in minority ethnic groups could rise seven fold by 2051
- Guide to Dementia Care at Home
- How Far We’ve Come in Alzheimer’s Research