Welcome to the ACCG
WHY CHOOSE ACCG?
- For more than 30 years, we have been providing high quality, person-centred health and social care to the African Caribbean community. We are here to ensure the well being of our members in Manchester, Trafford and the surrounding areas.
- We strive to offer our services at affordable rates for our community, while never compromising on quality and safety standards.
- We are proud of the links we have built up with partner organisations over the years and we embrace collaborative working to expand the range of services we can offer.
- Our staff are all fully trained in health and social care and are kept up-to-date with specialised training courses and changes in legislation. We offer excellent career opportunities throughout the organisation and are committed to staff development.
- Our luncheon club provides a friendly, welcoming environment where members can meet up with friends old and new. Activities and social events help everyone to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- We offer an open and transparent service, overseen by our elected Board of Directors, involving members in the planning of our services.
- We provide our service to the whole family, not just the person being cared for, supporting everyone involved. Increasingly, we also work with younger people, supporting them with developing their life skills.
- We provide information and advice services enabling families to have greater choice and control to support their health and wellbeing needs.
- We offer a remote telecare monitoring service to allow older people to remain safe and independent in their own homes, providing peace of mind for carers.
- We are fortunate to be able to call on our team of dedicated, enthusiastic volunteers who support us in maintaining our high quality services.
- Our future plans include expanding our services to more users in more locations.
- Day care
- Internet cafe
- Board games
- Luncheon club
- Meals on wheels
- Community Liaison
- Arts & crafts
- Health education promotion
- information service
- Holistic Therapies
The African Caribbean Care Group (ACCG) is affiliated to major voluntary organisations and recognised by NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups and Local Authorities within Greater Manchester. The ACCG is a registered Charity No: 1028464 and a company Limited by Guarantee No: 2802745.
Day Care Activities:
- BE WISE THIS DIWALI
- 10 Dark Secrets From The World Of Horse Racing
- Stabilis Lucra Forex Review
- Benefits you can claim when you have care needs
- Memory Boosting Superfoods That Fight Alzheimer’s
- 101 Activities
- 10 Stimulating Activities for Alzheimer’s Patients
- Take the SAGE test to spot early signs of dementia or Alzheimer’s
- September is World Alzheimer’s Awareness Month; Alzheimer’s Action Day is September 21
- Direct payments
- Assessments and the Care Act (Carers)
- A Helpless Voice
- Things to remember when caring for someone with Alzheimer’s
- Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Increased Dementia Risk
- Types of Dementia you should be aware of
- New study finds dementia more common in African-Caribbean people
- Alzheimer’s Caregivers Face Unanswered Questions
- Standing Tall Against the Stigma of Dementia
- What to Expect as Alzheimer’s Progresses
- Number of people with dementia in minority ethnic groups could rise seven fold by 2051
- Guide to Dementia Care at Home
- How Far We’ve Come in Alzheimer’s Research